Mint is an amazing plant, familiar to everyone. Its useful properties and contraindications are individual for all the people. Among all the other types of mint, peppermint is the most popular.
Here are the most popular healing properties of mint
- Mint is an amazing plant, familiar to everyone. Its useful properties and contraindications are individual for all the people. Among all the other types of mint, peppermint is the most popular. Here are the most popular healing properties of mint:
- Mint is a great diuretic. Regular tea with mint will help to bring the stagnant water from the body. People who consume a lot of salt, need to constantly drink tea with mint.Benefits of tea will compensate for the harm caused to the body by plenty of salt. Mint tea is also used to lose weight. However, do not overdo it. Otherwise, dehydration may occur.
- In addition,mint has cholereticeffect.
- If you mix a few drops of mint juice and a bit of pomegranate juice, it will save from a sudden attack of nausea and vomiting.
- The main advantage of mint is that it works as a good sedative. In any stressful situation, in order to calm down, it is just enough to drink a cup of mint tea. Brewing it is quite simple: you have to choose tea to your taste – black or green (choose tea without impurities and additives), and a few sprigs of mint or mint leaves. One teaspoon of tea and a sprig of mint is enough for one tea pot.Add boiling water and leave for 10 minutes. The tea is ready.
- Peppermint hasalso a fairly strong anti-inflammatory action. Therefore it is a part of various ointments. However, only peppermint oilhas this effect (wild mint raids smaller anti-inflammatory effect).
- It is also hard to overestimate the properties of field mint – it is an excellent analgesic, expectorant and astringent. Wild mint has long been used in the treatment of various diseases of the stomach. It is also used to treat tuberculosis and rheumatism.
- Peppermint tincture helps to get rid of severe headaches. It is worth to remember for those people who often suffer from migraines.
- Mint will help to get rid of bloating.
- Essential peppermint oil is widely used for hair. It helps hair to grow faster. A decoction of mint for hair is prepared simply: 300 gr. Of mint leaves poured by 1 liter of boiling water and boiled for 30 minutes. Then the broth must be insisted more than half an hour. clean dry hair should be washed by this broth and then carefully dried with a towel. Peppermint oil is also used for hair against split ends.
- Peppermint is effective in case of indigestion.Mint infusion is used for prevention of gastritis and in order to cope with nausea. By stimulating receptors of the gastric mucosa, menthol improves digestion and appetite. To make an infusion take 2 teaspoons of dried mint leaves, brew them in a cup of boiling water, allow to infuse for 30 minutes and filter. 2 cups ofinfusion should be taken 2 times a day 15-20 minutes before the meal.
- Mint is used as a tonic cordial, which removes the heartbeat, stimulates the activity of the heart and blood circulation, which has also diaphoretic properties.
- Mint is used to fight colds and fever. Relaxing and anti-inflammatory properties of peppermint makes it a perfect remedy for pain and spasms, such as stomach pain, colic, intestinal bloating, heartburn, indigestion, hiccups, headaches, migraines, nausea and motion sickness. Tannins contained in mint protect the intestine from irritation, which is very useful when it comes to spastic constipation, and ulcerative colitis.
Now you know absolutely everything about the healing properties of mint!
About the author: Creative and talented writer Melisa Marzett, who works for http://bigessaywriter.com/, where you can check her posts, is an amazing example of what the professional writer should look like. Her posts represent the variety of topics and you can find something to your taste.